Tuesday and Wednesday, Feb. 19-20, 2019
Tours and open houses: Join local suppliers and members who will open their doors for visits and demonstrations. Organized by the UPA group, plan to arrive early and take part in these events. Participating companies are listed below, with more information to come soon:
- PPI Technologies
- R&D Innovation
- InLine Fillers
- Bay Tech Label
Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2019
Join us for a social activity of your choice. We will host our annual golf outing at the Carrollwood Golf Club and new this year, we will have a fishing excursion in the waters off Tampa Bay.
That evening, plan to be entertained at the Florida Aquarium. Enjoy a cocktail and appetizer during our reception while you make your way through the exhibits. We will then all gather for a fantastic dinner and networking.
Thursday, Feb. 21, 2019
The general session program will include these speakers and hot topics:
- KEYNOTE: Leadership and Accountability When It Matters
Kirk Lippold, Commander, U.S. Navy and the Commander of the USS Cole
Hear from this engaged leader, hands-on crisis management practitioner and a go-to global security expert for major news networks. The former commander demonstrates the foundation of team success and time-critical decisions based on integrity.
- Mass Produced Individuality
The trend that is driving purchasing across channels and generations.
Deborah Ginsburg, CEO, Strategia Design
Learn how Individuality, customization, connection and authenticity are key requirements to successfully bring any product to market in today’s environment.
- Zero Labor Factor and the Next Generations
Tom Landry, Allegiance Staffing
- Global Consolidation in Contract Packaging and Contract Manufacturing: Growth and Exit Strategies to Maximize Success
Tom Blaige, Chairman and CEO, Blaige and Company
Hear about valuable strategies designed to help contract packaging/contract manufacturing owners understand how to navigate and succeed in today's mergers and acquisitions environment.
- Panel Discussion: Education, Apprenticeships, Training
Moderated by Tony Cort, DAMRON Corp.
Learn about platforms that educate and empower. Find out how to open a door for students and schools to diverse careers in the supply chain, logistics, contract packaging and contract manufacturing space.
The exhibition area is open after the general session ends. Browse the exhibits while enjoying an adult beverage and appetizer. You are then invited to mingle with the president and Board of Directors for a relaxing cocktail reception and dinner.
Friday, Feb. 22, 2019
Join us for an early morning fun run/walk before the business sessions begin!
- KEYNOTE: What’s “Around the Corner” in Food Retailing
Bill Bishop, Chief Architect, Brick Meets Click
See how the market is changing in food retailing and how your team can take advantage of these developments to advance your business.
CPA State of the Industry Report: One Year Later
Carl Melville, Thought Leadership Strategist,The Melville Group
Hear expanded research from CPA's 2017 State of the Industry report, forecasts into the industry's future and valuable insights for anyone involved in contract packaging/contract manufacturing.
- E-Commerce Packaging: Think Inside the Box
Jim Chrzan, VP, Content & Brand Development, PMMI Media Group
Discover how CPGs, 3PLs and packaging OEMs are having their world rocked by the speed of e-commerce evolution...and steps your organization can take to prepare.
- Perception and Intelligence in Robotics
D. Scott Phoenix, Co-Founder, Vicarious
Learn how new robotic technology is introducing a learning system that allows robots to do more dynamic tasks and adapt to change in a human-like way.
The afternoon will be divided into two exceptional concurrent tracks:
- Collaborative Robotics Today – Jack Uhl, Sales Manager,Yaskawa/Motoman
- State of Automation industry Report – Jorge Izquierdo, VP, Market Development, PMMI
- Panel Discussion – Moderated by Matt Linz with panelists from PMMI, Vicarious, TriPack, Yaskawa/Motoman
- Planning for E-commerce and the Amazon Impact – Brent Lindberg, Principal and Founder, Fuseneo
- What Is It and How Do We Prepare for Reverse Logistics
- Panel Discussion – Moderated by Eric Wilhelm with panelists from Brick Meets Click, PMMI Media Group, Package Insight, Fuseneo
We will close out the event with our traditional hosted networking dinners at locations all around Tampa!